How to Prepare Your Banneton Basket for the First Time
Rinse your basket with clean water, no soap, and dry it with a soft cloth enough to leave the basket damp.
Dust the basket with rice flour from top to bottom, including the sides.
Washing your linen liner for the first time – To wash your linen liner for the first time, use lukewarm water and neutral soap. Hand wash. Your liner doesn’t need to be washed after every use.
You can clean the liner by letting it dry and then rubbing it back and forth and shaking out the flour and dough.
When and How to Use Your Banneton Proofing Basket
Prepare the basket by dusting it with rice flour, and make sure that you cover the entire basket from top to bottom with rice flour.
You can brush the excess flour later.
It doesn’t matter whether you use the liner in the proofing basket or use the basket alone; you need to dust your basket. It is best to use the liner for two reasons:
1. It keeps the dough from sticking to your basket.
2. The liner prevents the basket’s ring from imprinting on the dough, allowing you to score the top of the loaf with your SHORI BAKE lame. You can customize your bread this way.
Shoribake Metal Scarper
When To Use:
Shape your dough with this tool. Additionally, it prevents the dough from sticking to your hands.
The tool can be used to flip the dough and lay it on your work surface.
You can also use it to pre-shape your sourdough.
Put the scraper under the top edge of the dough and pull it towards you. Put the scraper at the bottom edge of your dough. Push the dough away from you. Scrape the dough with the scraper. At the end of the movement, the scraper will end up on the top side of the dough.
It has all the tools needed for baking sourdough bread.
It comes with free e-book recipes and sourdough bread from scratch guide with incredibly detailed information on how to use the kit during the process of bread making. Very nice set all put together in a designed box.
– Yaron Sheba,United States
This work from home has many, including me, getting into sourdough starters and bread. This Shori Bake kit includes all the things you would need. The whisk helps immensely when mixing the dough. The bench scraper is good.
– M Lambert., United States
It has all the tools needed for baking sourdough bread. It comes with free e-book recipes and sourdough bread from scratch guide with incredibly detailed information on how to use the kit during the process of bread making. Very nice set all put together in a designed box.
– Yaya H.,United States
The kit includes all you may need to make your sourdough bread. It’s perfect! It has great quality materials and looks like in the photos. I’m a beginner and I had a great experience using each piece of the kit to make my sourdough bread! I loved the fact that you can join the baker’s club and get recipes, I tried the starter one and was very usefull for me because it has clear step by step guide and even has tips.
– Nidia Silva.,United States
Slashing The Sourdough With The Bread Lame Blade
- It guides the loaf to rise in a consistent, controlled, and optimal manner during the “oven spring.” Scoring is a way of controlling where ruptures occur so that the gas can escape without destroying the bread.
- You can give a unique and decorative touch to each loaf by slashing particular patterns on the top of the loaf.
- Turn your loaf out of the basket onto parchment paper and use the SHORI BAKE bread lame to cut your Loaf just before you put it in the oven, as it will start to deflate right away.
- See our ten unique designs file you received in the email along with this manual for scoring the top of your bread.
How To Clean Your Shoribake Banneton Basket
The Basket doesn’t need washing. Dry it for 45 minutes and rub it with
a scrub brush to clean it. Then shake the flour and dough out. If there is
dough left between the canes, you can clean out the canes with a toothpick.
Store the banneton in a cold, dry, and ventilated place to prevent mold from
growing in your basket.
• To clean the liner, just let it dry and then rub it back and forth and shake the flour and dough out.
• All the accessories need to be washed and dry right after using them.